Saturday 3 November 2007

Cannabis and Children.

Last Week there was a meeting about Cannabis and Children. 6 LCA members went along to this venue, which had about 70 people.

After sitting and listening for about 2 hours, and the misinformation( some would call it lies) based on the Cannabis Gateway theory ( Cannabis leading to Heroin, Cocaine, amphetamine, LSD, Ketamine, DMT, etc).

I put my hand up, announced I was from the LCA, (which seemed to send a shock around the room) I said that I thought this meeting ( cannabis and children) was a red herring, as the most dangerous drugs for children was being ignored, Nicotine, Alcohol, Caffeine, the real gateway drugs, these kill, unlike cannabis, which has no overdose levels.

I wasn't applauded.

However I'm sure I was listened to.

No comments: